Notice to Schools:
*Please note the following policies when requesting barrels:
Food Bank trucks will deliver to businesses, not residences.
1. We need one week's notice, and we cannot deliver and pick up barrels on the same day. We only deliver & pick up in Amarillo. (*Our trucks are delivering & picking up food from a 30,000 sq. mile area. We do our best to schedule barrel deliveries & pick-ups around our food delivery schedule.)
2. We cannot pick up barrels on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) or on off hours (after 5 pm)
3. Because we deliver barrels in our regularly scheduled deliveries, times cannot be guaranteed.
4. We encourage you to have the barrels delivered a couple of days before the start of your food drive.
5. Occasionally, we have too many deliveries and we might have to change the delivery date.
6. You are more than welcome to come and pick up barrels at the Food Bank during regular business hours. (this is the most cost effective way to help us, and you can note it on your request)
7. Please do not paint, staple, or tape anything to/on the barrels. We reuse them over and over.
8. Again, please make barrel requests at least one week before you need the barrels. Barrels ordered and needed without week notice might not get delivered on time.
These policies ensure that we are being as resourceful as possible, and we appreciate your understanding.