Welcome to the 2017
School Pounds Challenge!
- Each school is competing in one of the categories (elementary, middle, and high school)
- The competition is based on total meals per student. ($1.00 is 4 meals. Pounds are weighed, then divided by 1.2 to convert to meals.)
- Schools may collect food &/or funds. Our biggest need is funds, canned veggies, and canned meat.
- Please check our Facebook page for updates as we get closer to the "Together We Can" holiday food drive. Share your pictures and give us an "@ mention" on Facebook too, linking the "High Plains Food Bank" page to your post.
- Each dollar is worth 4 pounds of food.
- All collections must be turned in/picked up by HPFB staff by Tues, Nov 21, 2017.
- Winners announced during the Together We CAN Holiday Food Drive, Dec 4-8
- Food Bank staff reports a total PER SCHOOL. Please notify warehouse staff in advance if you would like a barrel weight per classroom or grade.
You can email me directly to schedule a time on the Food Drive live broadcasts firstname.lastname@example.org. Times are below, when you schedule your school's appearance. I will send you more detailed instructions.
Thank you for helping!
Questions? Email me at email@example.com. (806)350-1427 (Direct Line)
**Important** if you do not receive an email conformation, we did not receive your request. All lines must be filled in.
Please note the following policies when ordering barrels:
1. We need at least 1 week's notice to deliver barrels, and we cannot deliver and pick up barrels on the same day.
2. We cannot pick up barrels on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) or on off hours (after 5 pm)
3. Because we deliver barrels in our regularly scheduled deliveries, times cannot be guaranteed.
4. Please have the barrels delivered a couple of days before the start of your drive.
5. We encourage you to have the barrels delivered a couple of days before the start of your food drive .
6. Occasionally, we have too many deliveries and we might have to change the delivery date.
7. You are more than welcome to come and pick up barrels at the Food Bank during regular business hours. (this is the most cost effective way to help us, and you can note it on your request)
These policies ensure that we are being as resourceful as possible, and we appreciate your understanding.