We are in the throes of Hunger Action Month! It's an exciting time for us, because it's the ceremonial begin to our food and fund drive season! But just what is Hunger Action Month all about?
Glad you asked! It's a month loaded with information about hunger. I don't think I have met one person who doesn't know hunger exists, but this month let's take action to see be eradicated!
What can you do? Here's some great places to start:
1. Arm yourself with the knowledge of hunger. 1in 6 people in our area are affected by hunger. 1 in 4 children is at risk in our area. These numbers indicate the problem is huge.
2. Donate food and funds to us. We are sending out about 650,000lbs or 590,000 meals a month. We need your help! You can donate in our offices (815. Ross) or online hpfb.org/donate
3. Volunteer! We need as many volunteers as possible. You can sign up on our webpage hpfb.org/volunteer
4. Plan a food drive, it's easy! You sign up online; we deliver and pick up barrels! Hpfb.org/barrels
5. Talk to you family, especially your children, about people who don't have enough food. Come up with a family plan to help those who are hungry.
6. Meet Kate, she's the girl with a belly ache! Hpfb.org/kate
Now come link arms with us and let's end hunger together! Let's take ACTION against HUNGER!