The safest and most efficient way to raise food for the High Plains Food Bank is to host a virtual fundraiser. The funds you raise go further at the Food Bank. Through our economies of scale and food donor relationships, the Food Bank can distribute 5 meals with every $1 donated.
- Virtual fundraising is contact-free, safe, and secure!
- Purchased food does not require inspection, sorting, and repacking by volunteer groups, which are in short supply due to COVID-19.
- You’re helping more people. The Food Bank uses your dollars to provide far more meals than you can buy at the store. $1 = 5 meals!
- You don’t have to store collected food or transport heavy boxes to us. Not only do Virtual Food Drives raise more meals, but they’re also easier for you. Your meals will be raised virtually on a customizable online fundraising page.
- Your dollars are flexible. The Food Bank will put the funds you raise toward the area of greatest need.
- You get your friends, family, and coworkers involved. Create a competitive team-builder for your office, celebrate a special event, or honor a loved one through your drive.
- You can get as creative as you want. Incorporate a giveaway, 5k race, costume contest, dunking booth or catapult build – we’ve seen it all and we’re here to support you with creative ideas.
- No need for an appointed money-handler! Secure online donations come directly to High Plains Food Bank.
Want to host a traditional food & fund drive?
Check out our Food & Fund Drive Kit for ideas and tips. Fill out the form below!
Set your own dates, and let us celebrate your results. You're fighting hunger in the Texas Panhandle.
To ensure that we are being as resourceful as possible, please note the following:
*** In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, barrel delivery service is limited to schools in Potter and Randall Counties. Barrels may be picked up and returned by scheduling through the form or calling (806)374-8562. Or, you may use your own containers to host a traditional food drive. Please see the Toolkit for helpful resources.***
Traditional Food & Fund Drive Registration Form (& Barrel Request)
Barrel Request Policies:
- We require at least one week's notice in advance of when you need the barrels. We encourage you to request delivery at least a couple of days before your food drive begins to ensure you have them in time for your drive.
- HPFB trucks deliver to businesses only, not residences. Currently, delivery and pickup service is limited to schools. Other considerations may be made on a case by case basis.
- We can deliver and pick up donation barrels in Amarillo/Canyon.
- You are welcome to pick up barrels at the Food Bank during regular business hours. This is the most cost-effective way to help us. Please note on your request if you'd like to pick up your barrel(s).
- We cannot pick up barrels on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) or after 5 pm.
- For maximum efficiency, we do our best to schedule barrel deliveries and pick-ups around our food delivery schedule. Precise times cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally, if we have a large volume of food pickups/deliveries to handle, we must change the dates of barrel pickups/deliveries.
- Please do not paint, staple, or tape anything to/on the barrels. We reuse them over and over.
We appreciate your understanding, and we thank you for helping fight hunger!