Virtual food drives are the safest and most efficient way to help High Plains Food Bank. With low overhead and high efficiency, we can distribute 6 meals with every $1 donated. Other benefits include:
- Virtual fundraising is contact-free, safe, and secure!
- Allows HPFB to efficiently purchase and distribute specific products, including protein, produce, and other healthy perishable foods, as needed. Unlike miscellaneous donated food, the purchased product can quickly be delivered through our agency network, because it does not require inspection, sorting, and repacking by volunteer groups, which have been in short supply since the onset of the pandemic.
- You’re helping more people. At the grocery store, your $1 can typically buy a can of food. But, $1 donated to HPFB provides 6 meals to neighbors facing food insecurity.
- No heavy loads of cans and other non-perishables to carry, collect, and transport.
- You get your friends, family, and coworkers involved. Create a competitive team-builder for your office, celebrate a special event, or honor a loved one through your drive.
- You can get as creative as you want. Incorporate a giveaway, dollar theme days, 5k, talent show, costume contest, dunking booth, or a pie-in-the-face! The more fun, the better!
- No need for an appointed money-handler! Secure online donations come directly to High Plains Food Bank and are attributed to your fundraiser in real-time.
Virtual Food-Raiser Set-Up Instructions: Click Here
Launch or Support a Virtual Food-Raiser: Click Here
Food and Fund Drive Kit 2021: Click Here
Physical Food & Fund Drive
Physical Food Drives and Fundraisers are still welcome and appreciated. This year, because of the strain on food bank staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and increased demand for food assistance, barrel service is not available. Schools and other organizations may use their own receptacles to collect food for the food bank. At the completion of your drive, you can deliver your food to our warehouse for an official weight to be recorded. Due to critically low product recovery volunteer support, we highly encourage ANY group who registers for a physical food drive to also sign up for a group volunteer shift, if possible. That way, you can help inspect, sort, and re-pack donated food and ensure that your collected food is quickly shared throughout the community.
Register Your Physical Food & Fund Drive