Barrel Delivery service is currently suspended until further notice. However, you may schedule to pick up and return barrels via the form below or by calling (806) 374-8562.
Want to host a food & fund drive?
Fill out the form below!
Set your own dates, and let us celebrate your results. You're fighting hunger in the Texas Panhandle.
To ensure that we are being as resourceful as possible, please note the following:
*** In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, barrel delivery service is not available until further notice. Barrels may be picked up and returned by scheduling through the form or calling (806)374-8562.***
Barrel Request Policies:
- We require at least one week's notice in advance of when you need the barrels. We encourage you to request delivery at least a couple of days before your food drive begins to ensure you have them in time for your drive.
- HPFB trucks deliver to businesses only, not residences.
- We can deliver and pick up donation barrels anywhere in Amarillo.
- You are welcome to pick up barrels at the Food Bank during regular business hours. This is the most cost effective way to help us. Please note on your request if you'd like to pick up your barrel(s).
- We cannot pick up barrels on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) or after 5 pm.
- For maximum efficiency, we do our best to schedule barrel deliveries and pick-ups around our food delivery schedule. Precise times cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally, if we have a large volume of food pickups/deliveries to handle, we must change the dates of barrel pickups/deliveries.
- Please do not paint, staple, or tape anything to/on the barrels. We reuse them over and over.
We appreciate your understanding, and we thank you for helping fight hunger!
Far and away, money
is our most critical need! Financial donations allow us to purchase the items we need to offer balanced nutrition. For every $1 donated to High Plains Food Bank, we are able to provide 4 meals to people in need! Our top needs include:
- Monetary Donations
- Canned meats - tuna, chicken, etc.
- Peanut butter
- Dry beans & rice
- Canned soups
- Canned vegetables
- Boxed dinners - macaroni & cheese, pasta, Hamburger/Chicken/Tuna Helpers, etc.
- Shelf stable milk & cereal
Barrel Request Form