Kids Cafe Adjusted Sites for COVID-19 Response
High Plains Food Bank will adjust the Kids Café distribution model to make evening meals available, even while schools and community sites are closed. Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, Kids Cafe Staff will be in the parking lot areas of the following campuses/locations at 3:15 pm for approximately 30 minutes. Food will be distributed in to-go containers on a first come, first served basis. Each child must be present to receive the meal via drive-through or walk up.
● San Jacinto Elementary, 3400 West 4th
● Wills Elementary, 3500 West 11th
● Humphrey’s Elementary, 3901 SE 15th
● Glenwood Elementary, 2407 South Houston
● Hamlet Elementary, 705 Sycamore
● Whittier Elementary, 2004 North Marrs
● Eastridge Mission Center, 1300 Evergreen Street
● Boys and Girls Club of Amarillo, 1923 South Lincoln
● Gilliland Community Kitchen- High Plains Food Bank, 2199 SE 8th Ave
Sites may be adjusted as needed.
2019-2020 School Year Sites
(Temporarily suspended in COVID-19 Response)
The following locations provide hot meals Monday-Friday to at-risk children:
- Amarillo Boys & Girls Club: 1923 S. Lincoln Street, Amarillo, TX, 79109 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- Eastridge Baptist Church (Activities Center): 1300 Evergreen St., Amarillo, TX, 79107 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Glenwood Elementary School (Cafeteria): 2407 S. Houston St., Amarillo, TX, 79103 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Humphreys Elementary School (Cafeteria): 3901 SE 16th Ave., Amarillo, TX, 79104 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- San Jacinto Elementary School (Cafeteria): 3400 West 4th Ave., Amarillo, TX 79106 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wills Elementary School (Cafeteria): 3500 West 11th, Amarillo, TX, 79106 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
About Kids Cafe
Kids Cafe is a program of Feeding America, offered by High Plains Food Bank to at-risk children in our service area in need of daily, healthy meals. Kids Cafe confronts childhood hunger and obesity by providing meals that follow USDA recommended nutritional guidelines. For many children in the Texas Panhandle, the meal provided through Kids Cafe is a daily nutritious dinner they may otherwise go without.
Kids Cafe meals are prepared and delivered using today’s highest quality standards. Meals are provided to all children without charge, and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Click this link for more information on our Kids Cafe program.
While the HPFB Kids Cafe program is not currently accepting new sites, anyone interested should apply in order to be put on a waiting list. Applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis, while Kids Cafe staff qualifies any new proposed site.
Please click here for a Child and Adult Care Food Program Site Application.
This link contains the Permanent Agreement Between Sponsoring Organization and Child Care Facility.